While we haven't included all the fine detail here regarding Australian expeditions, we have done our homework on the ground and we're excited to bring you some awesome products on our home turf. Presently, they include:
1. "South-Coast-to-Cape York" (Fishing) - back-country trekking, camping, fishing expedition. Variations exist for this tour:
* South Coast-to-Cape York incorporates several treks of various difficulty. Access/travel by air, or 4WD.
** Fishing target species: Rainbow and Brown Trout (introduced) in mountains west of Sydney; Cairns area freshwater streams for Jungle Perch, Sooty Grunter, Barramundi, Mangrove Jack; Cape York freshwater-brackish rivers/lakes for Saratoga, Tarpon, Barramundi, Archer Fish plus Freshwater Prawns (Cherabin); estuaries for Fingermark, Grunter, Black Jew, Blue/Threadfin Salmon, plus Mud Crabs; Reef Fish species and Painted Crayfish; and pelagic species from the Jardine River mouth, northern Cape York.
*** Alternatives: Run-off floods fishing if Cape York access is limited. Black Marlin season, Cairns, Sep-Dec. NZ/Aust. Combo trip.
**** Photographic opportunities exist for rarely-seen endemic species including Palm and Eclectus Cockatoos, Emerald Python, Spotted and Grey Cuscus, the northern fragmented populations of Southern Cassowary, and various other unique species.
2. "Northern Rivers Canoe Trek" - Canoe/kayak down one of North Queensland's beautiful rivers, expedition-style.
3. "Coast-to-Coast Hike" - Attempt to walk from the east to west coast of Cape York, fishing and camping along the way.
4. "East Coast Cape York 'Survivor' Experience" - 10-day survival camp on East coast Cape York based around the hit TV show "Survivor".
We know it isn't easy to committing to such an epic adventure - so, instead of us using a Shopping Cart style system, please fill out the form below and we'll get in contact with you personally so we can discuss your interest in an Expedition in the near future :)
Shane Ross - African Safari Leader, Wildlife Photographer, Ecologist & Writer
From flex-itinerary expeditions to tailor-made tours, corporate events, private and photographic safaris, World-class Aussie nature guide Shane Ross will show you the way...
Phone: (+61) 0475 564 636
All images taken by Shane Ross. All Rights Reserved © Shane Ross 2020 | RAW Worldwide / Shane Ross Photography (ABN 92864915571).